The Mission of Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care is to make quality Hospice care available to all persons, their families, and those affected by serious illness, death and dying in our community; to advocate effectively for patients’ comfort, dignity and choice; and to be recognized as the leading resource in clinical, ethical, and spiritual issues of dying and grief.
Through leadership, creative service development, and excellence, Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care will be recognized as a leader in the hospice industry in Florida and the nation.
Setting new standards of excellence, we will respond to the needs of our communities and be recognized as the expert in the delivery of individualized professional and support services to children and adults during life limiting illnesses, grief and bereavement.
As a community of caregivers, the staff and volunteers of Cornerstone Hospice will be a mirror of the communities we serve, embracing diversity, committed to service innovation, and passionate about quality and value.
TO OUR PATIENTS: With compassion and a holistic approach, Cornerstone Hospice and Palliative Care employees, volunteers and contracted staff will render the highest quality of care and support:
- Preserving hope, dignity, confidentiality and patient autonomy
- Respecting individuality, personal choice, cultural diversity and individual spiritual beliefs
- Recognizing and supporting the strengths of patients and their significant others
- Delivering services regardless of ability to payAssuring excellence in symptom control and psychological and spiritual support
- Respecting and preserving relationships with attending physicians.
TO OUR STAFF: With total commitment to our mission and to the participation of all team members . . . staff, volunteers and members of the Board . . . Cornerstone Hospice will foster a safe and healthy environment:
- Promoting respect for individuals, their humanness and contributions to the hospice mission
- Fostering and supporting integrity, open communications, flexibility, teamwork, professionalism and our pride and belief in the work
- Valuing patience, optimism, dependability, enthusiasm, humor and healthy interaction
- Nurturing and encouraging education, competence, and commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth opportunities.
TO OUR COMMUNITY: With a commitment to continuing as a not-for-profit, charitable, grass-roots organization Cornerstone Hospice will deliver a broad spectrum of services intended to meet the needs of the community:
- Continually assessing care processes to assure the highest quality and efficiency
- Monitoring the communities’ needs and health care trends and utilizing a strategic planning process for future plans and the hospice vision
- Assuring that ethical and sound business practices are the foundation for all decision making
- Preserving our commitment to the hospice mission as well as our internal and external customers.